Thursday, December 09, 2004

 

23 years on

Harriet the Spy caused me great trouble as a 10 year old. Harriet leaves school each day and, on the way home, spies on her neighbours and writes down all her thoughts in a notebook. Of course, her notebook is found, her clever comments are not seen in that light by her friends and family, she is banned from writing and retires to bed in misery.

It's fairly clear what the moral of the story is. So, in the absence of entertaining or eccentric neighbours, I found a notebook and got stuck into my family.

You know those moments from childhood that are so memorable they are still there as visual images 23 years later? That row with my mother was one of them.

So I'll be steering clear of personal comments this time. At the very least, I won't be calling my mother a "silly cow" (I said I wasn't clever).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?