Tuesday, May 31, 2005

 

Plastic rant

I hate unnecessary plastic waste. All time get-me-to-screaming-point hates:
Top of the list: milk in plastic bottles. Before I cared about food being organic, I bought expensive organic milk just because it came in cartons. Then manufacturors decided that we are incapable of opening cardboard cartons and organic milk started to come in cartons with plastic tops and bottoms and/or plastic opening devices.

Why?!

The particular brand I'm thinking of open at the top. They have a small loop of plastic you pull to do this. The small loop of plastic is fractionally too small for your finger to easily fit and then frequently snaps, leaving you to have to cut the flap out with a knife.
This is not easier!!

And then, before this becomes a rant about carton opening, I'll stop. Though this was a sobering realisation. People are employed specifically to design these things.

Resolution for June: organise milk delivery in glass.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?