Monday, August 08, 2005

 

Detox

As holidays go, the Lake District was like a balanced diet: healthy yet delicious food; energetic days outside but a good bit of slobbing in the van too; plenty of decadent laziness yet an essay written. To save me from being far too righteous to bear, developing a taste for real ale tipped the balance the holiday way and has left me contemplating the detox shelves in Boots.

I've never had the will before, and maybe I won't stay the distance this time, but I'm going to have a go at my own slightly diluted detox plan. The BBC reckon that detox only works because it means people cut down on a few things and get their diet in balance. I'm inclined to agree so I'm just cutting out caffeine, booze, red meat and cutting down as much as possible on dairy and wheat.

Feeling good already from the gloriously sunny bike ride to the office, I started work, and within ten minutes was swigging a cup of coffee with relief: a morning of sales forecasting just wasn't happening without. Decided to replace the no-caffeine plan with a couple of cups of green tea a day: far more beneficial than giving up, I understand!

Is it really possible to prove almost anything you want to hear with the Internet? I think it might be.

Anyway, first day of the plan tomorrow - gulp.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?