Wednesday, February 01, 2006

 

Cold-nosed and happy

I'm just back from a run, cold-nosed and warm-cheeked. How is it that after thirty minutes pounding along the pavements, having not run in over a year, I feel elated, when only yesterday I felt weary and breathless just climbing the stairs?

I'm planning to spend the rest of the evening writing, for my Open University Creative Writing course. It starts in a week or so but already the online chat room is buzzing with anticipation, anxieties and an overwhelming torrent of posts. Every time I open it up, I'm harangued by bossy pings as new messages pop in.

I've discovered that Lenny Henry is studying the same course; there are many people out there more perfectionist than I am (this was a shock to me) and many are already blogging the course (including Lenny and me).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?