Monday, August 15, 2005

 

A red hat that doesn't go and doesn't suit me

A red hat that doesn't go and doesn't suit me

The fancy dress party at the weekend was on the theme of 'what I wanted to be when I grew up'.

I'm the eccentric old lady in a red hat from the poem Warning by Jenny Joseph. Not as good as the poem behind the name 'barefoot earlier', If I had my life to live over, but I still like the sentiment.

I've started practising loosening up already, and I quite enjoyed the walking stick. It's kicking around in the car now, waiting for me to need it in 50 years. The only snag with the red hat poem for me is that she appears to have had a 'sober' youth. I'm not sure the same could be said for me.

We can only wonder what A wanted to be when he grew up...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?